Follow us on Twitter to stay on top of updates,
or subscribe to our monthly newsletter:
- New: Setting which turns off padding inside the editable layer.
- Fixed: html and body with 100% height specified in the custom css affect the height of iframe.
- Fixed: When the right Cmd (on Mac) is pressed, the wrong behavior occurs.
- Fixed: Article doesn't have a height if there is no content with custom css.
- Release of Article Editor 2.0.
- Ability to work with grids of different frameworks. Adding and editing slideshows, cards, and other components of the site page.
- A lot of new API methods and events to make it easy to create your own plugins and expand Article your needs.
- The ability to create and add custom blocks.
- And there's a lot more.
- Fixed: The issue occurred in Safari when embed code, vimeo or youtube video was inserted.
- New: Shortcut ctrl+k (Win) or cmd+k (Mac) to open the link popup.
- Improved: Cleansing garbage styles and classes when inserted from Pages.
- Fixed: Parsing error if the initial code or source mode has html comment with a link.
- Fixed: Uploading multiple images when dropped outside the block.
- Improved: Undo/redo by clicking outside the editor
- Improved: UI behavior with rtl direction
- Fixed: The target attribute of the link is not removed.
- Fixed: In some cases the unlink button does not work for links.
- Fixed: if the code tag is specified in the template settings for the code, the pre tag is deleted.
- Fixed: Sometimes the encode for pre or tag code content does not work correctly.
- New: Vue component example.
- Improved: Protection against XSS in link insertion and editing.
- Fixed: The changes are not saved if typing the code in source mode.
- Fixed: When blocks are removed sequentially, the output code is synchronized incorrectly.
- Improved: Some improvements to sanitize code when inserting svg and script tags (Please update the blockcode plugin too).
- Improved: UI improvements.
- Fixed: Issue with scroll freezing Firefox.
- Fixed: Issue with drag and drop images inside the content.
- New: The setting to turn off the block multiple selection, please see this setting.
- New: Button in the image modal to delete the image.
- New: Now you can set the JSON object to specify already uploaded images, please see the setting.
- Fixed: Code is not synchronized when inserting a template.
- Fixed: A custom tag (e.g. section) for the layer block does not work.
- Fixed: Link without href in the code causes an error.
- Fixed: By pressing enter at the beginning of the editable block, the controls are not moved down with it.
This update includes many UI and UX enhancements. Here are the two most important features we have added: sorting blocks with keyboard shortcuts and previewing templates in the popup.
- New: The setting editor.control which turns off control panel for editable blocks.
- New: Keyboard shortcuts Cmd+Shift+Up and Cmd+Shift+Down for moving lines up and down (Ctrl+Shift+Up and Ctrl+Shift+Down on Win).
- New: Tooltips for toolbar buttons.
- Improved: Preview in for templates and snippets inside their popups.
- Improved: A lot of UI and UX improvements (Please update all plugins if you use them in your installation).
- Fixed: Z-index issue in bootstrap modal.
- Fixed: Styles of form buttons and links were not saved in output.
- Fixed: Dragged image from another tab or browser window is not inserted.
- Fixed: The shortcut text may not have been shown in the shortcuts popup.
- Fixed: Sometimes the popup of inserting a link does not appear when selecting text.
- Fixed: Code pasting into source mode does not work.
- Fixed: When switching to code mode, popup is not hidden
- Improved: Lots of UI improvements.
- Improved: The new and unified codemirror setting that will affect any code entry in Article.
- Fixed: Sometimes the uploaded image is added outside the empty grid column.
- Fixed: The progress bar at the top of the page does not appear when images uploading starts.
- Improved: Some minor UI improvements.
- Improved: The work of multiple editors on the page.
- Improved: Parsing noneditable blocks.
- Improved: Encoding inside pre and code tags.
- Improved: Copy and Cut feature.
- Fixed: Code synchronization when switching from source mode to visual editing.
- Fixed: The setting quote: false does not turn off the block from addbar.
- New: Article Editor now supports multiple selections of blocks with holding Cmd/Ctrl + click.
- New: Added inline formatting with classes and attributes. Please, see the example.
- New: Now, uploading images supports the insertion of images from the clipboard.
- New: Alignment has been added for image blocks. Don't forget to implement alignment classes on your website where you are publishing the content from Article Editor. Please, see the docs.
- Improved: Working with nested layers if it is a div or a column of the grid.
- Improved: Pasting from Google Docs.
- Fixed: Minor bug fixes.
- Improved: Undo & Redo work dramatically improved.
- Improved: Catching drag and drop when text is dropped from the page into the editor.
- Improved: The ability to specify exception blocks when adding buttons for the toolbar and control bar. See the description.
- Improved: Plugins Reorder, Variable, and Selector.
- Added: Disabling the keyboard shortcuts popup with the setting.
- Added: The blur event when the editor lose focus.
- Added: Specifying the json object directly to the setting for snippets and templates.
- Fixed: If a block is selected entirely and a cut is pressed, the block is deleted.
- Fixed: if there is only a link in a paragraph, then pressing backspace at the beginning of the paragraph has incorrect behavior.
- Fixed: Scrolling issue in Firefox.
- New: The Reorder plugin that adds the ability to sort blocks in the editor.