Latest and greatest updates. Available regularly. Subscribe via RSS
1. The new architecture is for us a work of art and a special pride. Yes, we know that moving from the old API to the new one is not easy for you, but believe us, new opportunities compensate for your inconvenience. And we prepared a guide for the upgrading from the second version to the third.
2. jQuery-free, but you can use it with jQuery if you want to.
3. Improved drag-n-drop for images and texts inside the editor.
4. It's even easier to make your plugins, because of new API features, new modal windows, a new contextbar, a message system between the modules and a whole bunch of things.
5. A full-fledged breakline mode (markup with br) and the ability to markup with div tags.
6. Setting classes, styles, and attributes for any tags, including block tags, is vital for those who need to create emails in Redactor.
7. Shortcodes, type "h1." at the beginning of the paragraph, press space key and formatting takes place. If you write "p." then the heading will become a paragraph.
8. Now there are widgets. With widgets, it's easy to add any HTML code or interactive elements like google maps, tweets, instagram, etc. to the text.
9. Full formatting is available inside the tables. Many people asked about this.
10. Statusbar at the bottom of the editor, allows you to display additional information using plugins.
11. One toolbar for multiple editors on the page right out of the box.
13. Not editable elements or blocks of text for creating templates in your content or for making other useful things.