- Fixed Sometimes new lines are ignored in the inserted plain-text.
- Fixed When you select all the content and start typing, the new text gets the style of the first content element, that was deleted.
- Fixed Shift+Enter does not work inside the table.
- Fixed The table plugin does not work on the page with prototype.js (You do not need to update the plugin).
- Fixed The issue with inserting two links one by one.
- Fixed The limiter plugin allows to paste the content limitless (Please, update the plugin too).
- Fixed The bug in JSON parsing for the imagemanager plugin (Please, update the plugin).
- Fixed Zero-width space removes in the output code.
- Fixed The new lines do not remove if the output code is empty.
- Improved Inserting lists from MS Word.
- Improved Get objects as a setting in data attribute of initial Redactor's element.
- Fixed Some issues when the toolbar is turned off.
- Fixed The name attribute of textarea removes when Redactor is destroyed.
- Fixed Image wraps the next widget if it gets the float position.
- Fixed The combination of clickToEdit and enableReadOnly doesn't work as expected.
- Improved Work with empty paragraphs.
- Fixed Issue with parsing links in the pasted content.
- Fixed Issue with bold/unbold if the text has a bracket.
- Fixed Consecutive dollar signs remove from the content when Redactor starts.
- Fixed Pasted link in the empty editor is wrapping around everything after that.
- Fixed Blur callback is triggered when clicking a link in the context bar.
- Fixed If all content is deleted in inline mode, then the paragraph tag is added.
- Fixed Some issues when Redactor initialized in the inline mode.
- Fixed An unwanted symbol appears when pressing enter if the encoding is not utf.
- Fixed Issue with input focus when Redactor is in Bootstrap's modal.
- Fixed Issue when editing a link the word breaks around the caret.
- Fixed The image float position doesn't save in the output code.
- Improved Polyfill for array.prototype.map.
- New The grammarly setting to turn off Grammarly spell check for Redactor.
- New Now imagePosition option can get the object with float classes as the argument.
- Fixed toggle issue between bold/unbold
- Fixed In some cases image getting uneditable after applying for floating position.
- Fixed Sometimes on dragging the image to top or bottom, the other image is getting broken.
- Fixed The first key press is not updating the textarea and thus not updating when saving.
- Fixed In some cases, the image is deleted if the selected text was deleted under it.
- Fixed Sometimes the image resizer and the context menu are not hidden.
- Fixed Table plugin issue if Redactor inside the table.
- Fixed Some enhancements for Imagemanager plugin (please update the plugin too).
- Fixed Issue with underline formatting.
- Fixed Issue when https changes to http, and http adds to the email when inserting a link.
- Fixed the multipleUpload options with "false" doesn't remove the multiple attribute from upload field.
- Fixed the removeNewLines option removes spaces between words after pasting.
- Fixed In some cases style attribute removes from td/th tags.
- Improved Inline formatting especially for font color and size.
- Improved Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, and Czech translations
- Fixed If you specify another language (not English), then in the plugins some language variables will not be visible.
- Fixed Spans with a style attribute are removed from the headings when backspace or delete key is pressed.
- Improved backspace key behavior in the lists.
- Improved imageUpload custom function with promises for asynchronous work (please see the docs).
- Fixed Sometimes autoparse callback doesn't work.
- Fixed Enter button does not add a new line in between two images.
- Fixed Underlined icon on the toolbar is not highlighted when text is underlined.
- Fixed Placeholder does not disappear when ul/ol inserted in the empty editor.
- Fixed Embedded code of tweets is not correct in output HTML of Redactor.
- Fixed If the line of text is selected with a triple click and format, then the content below is also formatted.
- Fixed The source.setCode method puts focus on Redactor, although it does not need to do this.
- Improved Set fonts to the Fontfamily plugin from options (eg. fontfamily: ['PT Serif', 'PT Sans', 'Monospace']). Please update the plugin too.
- Added The new setting imageFigure allows to turn off wrapping images with figure tag.
- Added Slovenian translation
- Fixed Browser (Chrome) crashes when clicking the right mouse button in the table.
- Fixed Issue when an image's caption has a link.
- Fixed In some cases the Air toolbar is not shown when text is selected.
- Fixed Shortcut for underline doesn't work with Cmd-U.
- Fixed API method disableReadOnly is not working.
- Fixed Issue when pasting the string with double backslash.
- Fixed Pasting lists and improved the clean for the pasted content from MS Word.
- Fixed Add z-index variables in the variables.scss
- Improved The plugin translation, please see: How to create a translation for a plugin.
1. The new architecture is for us a work of art and a special pride. Yes, we know that moving from the old API to the new one is not easy for you, but believe us, new opportunities compensate for your inconvenience. And we prepared a guide for the upgrading from the second version to the third.
2. jQuery-free, but you can use it with jQuery if you want to.
3. Improved drag-n-drop for images and texts inside the editor.
4. It's even easier to make your plugins, because of new API features, new modal windows, a new contextbar, a message system between the modules and a whole bunch of things.
5. A full-fledged breakline mode (markup with br) and the ability to markup with div tags.
6. Setting classes, styles, and attributes for any tags, including block tags, is vital for those who need to create emails in Redactor.
7. Shortcodes, type "h1." at the beginning of the paragraph, press space key and formatting takes place. If you write "p." then the heading will become a paragraph.
8. Now there are widgets. With widgets, it's easy to add any HTML code or interactive elements like google maps, tweets, instagram, etc. to the text.
9. Full formatting is available inside the tables. Many people asked about this.
10. Statusbar at the bottom of the editor, allows you to display additional information using plugins.
11. One toolbar for multiple editors on the page right out of the box.
13. Not editable elements or blocks of text for creating templates in your content or for making other useful things.